Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

We had a busy, and very fun 4th of July. My parents took all the kids and grandkids to Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine for the weekend. It's an indoor water park resort, and there are tons of other stuff to do there as well. We had fun, and there are truly things there for every age. However, Aaron and I are beginning to show our age. We came home so exhausted, more so than the boys even, and believe me they were tired too! I don't actually have many pictures of us in the water park, and that's where we spent most of our time, because I didn't want the camera to get wet. My sister in law got some good pics of the kids playing and if I get around to it I'll post some of those on here. But here are some pics I did get. There are also a few of us watching fireworks after we got home, and doing sparklers in our backyard.


This is their version of Build a Bear. They had various different animals you could pick out and stuff. Luke wanted a white seal. We chose the wolf for Ben. Luke loves his seal, and he would carry it around and pet it and pat it, and even tucked it into bed that night at the hotel. Ben also loves the wolf. He calls it a dog, and when we gave it to him he started barking. It was really funny.






They had an arcade area as well, and Gran bought tokens for all the kids. They had alot of fun playing games, and Ben especially loved getting in the cars/trucks that you could "ride". Above, Luke is pretending to play guitar hero. He had already used up all his tokens at this point.







Although most of the resort is indoor, they do have an outdoor area that's open in the summertime. These were some pics from our outdoor swim time.







No comments:

Post a Comment