Thursday, July 9, 2009

Boys playing and mom's retirement

Here are some various shots of the boys playing and of mom's retirement "party". She didn't want a big party or anything, so the kids and their families all got together and came down for a surprise dinner. We cooked her an italian meal, and she was surprised. The food was good, and mom loved having all the kids and grandkids there to celebrate.


I just thought it was funny that ALL the grandkids were playing topless.





Playing with the "moonsand" and having fun.





This is a great story. I'm getting ready one morning and Luke says, "Mommy come look. Tarzan is Jesus." I went and looked and this is what I found. He got a little wooden decorative cross off the piano, and placed his Tarzan toy on it just like Jesus being crucified. It was actually quite realistic considering Tarzan has long hair and wears a loincloth and all. I thought it was too sweet; I love his imagination and that he thinks and talks about Jesus and God the way he does. The other picture of him holding Tarzan up was "Jesus when he came to life again" as Luke said.


Ben watching cartoons on our bed. This was one of the first times he actually was paying attention to the TV and I just thought the thumb and how he holds his little lovey elephant was sweet.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe your mom retired. I had her in the 5th grade and she was an amazing teacher. I know that she has touched many, many lives. Hopefully, she'll enjoy her retirement to the fullest....she deserves it!

    Stacey Colbert Alexander

    ReplyDelete