Thursday, June 10, 2010

Yes, FINALLY an update (of the past 8 months)

Well because I'm so far behind, I've tried to just hit the major highlights- you know birthdays, holidays, etc. That being said there are still a ton of pictures! I started at Halloween and went down through Luke's pre-k graduation. Now that I'm finally up to date on things, I plan on doing some more general postings about life in the Tungate house. I just got so behind on pictures when the computer crashed in the fall, and then when I did get everything up to date on the computer I hit a period where I didn't feel very good for about 2 months (more on that in a later post). Then once I felt better, I had major catch-up around the house and I'm just now getting to the blog update. Whew, so here we go....

Halloween: Ben was Buzz Lightyear and Luke was Darth Vader.


Ben turned 2 in November, he was in a period where he was OBSESSED with trains, so the birthday theme was obvious. He loved his "choo-choo party" and still talks about it.


Pop and Gran gave him a train table that the boys love to play with. We had the rest of friends and family give him trains and other accessories to go with his table.
We also started potty training and he got train underwear for his birthday.

Thanksgiving was at Pop and Gran's house.

Luke was ringbearer in a wedding Thanksgiving weekend, and he was just so darn cute in his tuxedo! He LOVED wearing it, he was so proud of how handsome he looked in the tux, and he especially loved his shiny black shoes.


Dancing with the flower girl at the reception.
Luke with the bride and groom.
Christmas!


We took the boys down to the Gaylord Texan resort in Grapevine one night, they had a huge Christmas display. This is one of the many exhibits out, which was a lifesize, real gingerbread house.

The boys pre-school Christmas program. Ben saw me as they walked in and cried most of the time he was on stage because he wanted to sit with me. Yes, that is his finger up his nose. That's pretty much how he stood throughout the entire singing of Jingle Bells!


We had a very snowy winter, including some snow Christmas day! Here are various pictures from some of the snow days we had. I really enjoyed the winter weather this year. Luke absolutely loved the snow and would have stayed out all day if we let him. Ben liked the idea, but after about 5 or 10 minutes would say, "I cold, go in house."







Luke turned 5 in March. He had saved his money for over 6 months to help pay half for a Nintendo DSi for his birthday (handheld gaming device, but also has a camera inside to take and edit pictures, and lots of other features). He was so excited to play it the first day.
Aaron literally fed him popcorn as he played.
He wanted a shark birthday cake, so here was my creation. He and the kids at the party loved it, so I was pleased. His party was at a local gymnasium and the kids ran and played and had a blast.



Easter!



Luke played baseball for the first time this year. He had a hard time focusing in the outfield, which is pretty much where he stayed all season, but he learned alot and had fun. He also got to play catcher some and really enjoyed dressing up in the gear that required.






Pre-K graduation. Although I think pre-K graduations are a bit silly, he did look awfully cute in his cap and gown. They sang a song with sign language, and answered some questions on the microphone. Luke's answers were: Favorite thing to do at school- play with legos; What do you want to be when you grow up- policeman.



Luke and the boys in his class (all but one boy). He made some good buddies this year.
That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment